Monday 12 October 2009

Passionfruit Butter Recipe


This one's for Sage...

Passionfruit Butter
Juice of 8 oranges
Juice of 3 lemons
Passionfruit pulp - 340g
6 cups sugar (about 1.5kg)
12 eggs
350g butter



Put it all in a small boiler with a heavy base. Heat while stirring until it simmers and thickens. If it's not thick enough, you can add 1 tablespoon of cornflour that has been dissolved in a little water.

Pour into sterilised jars and seal. Keep in the fridge for up to 6 months. Makes about 6 x 500g jars.

love and light
naturewitch

7 comments:

Sage said...

I'm looking forward to trying this out.... sounds absolutely gorgeous.. will let you know how I get on..

Cheryl said...

Oh wow....one to try....quick and easy....my sort of recipe...

Tks Naturewitch.....

Kelly said...

ohh yum. passionfruit butter, lemon butter, all some of my fave things in life but I HAVE BANNED THEM from my home as they are TOOOO delicious to resist and one ends up here with an extra couple of kilos in a very short space of time!

naturewitch said...

Hi Sage and Cheryl
Enjoy! xx

Hi Kelly
Well, a little bit wouldn't hurt, would it? You could make a batch and give most of it away, then by the time you shared it around your household, you wouldn't end up with very much at all....xx

Aussiemade said...

Okay recipe going on file so when my passionfruit vine produces this season I can have this on hand..yummo

naturewitch said...

Hey Aussie
Hope you get a great crop of passionfruit and a great crop of passionfruit butter. xx

Unknown said...

yummm! another tasty naturewitch special!:D