Thursday 5 February 2009

Preserving . . .

Wouldn't you know it, the heat has caused some things to ripen up quickly.

This morning before going to work I picked a bowl of tomatoes, one of zucchini and button squash and a very large one of peaches. Not that I'm complaining . . .

Tonight I picked leeks and stewed them up with zucchini, button squash, tomatoes and herbs. Then into bottles and into the steriliser. And the maximum today was about 38C! I must be nuts!!!! LOL

Instead of preparing the peaches (there's only so much heat a girl can take), I made butter. The peaches will have to wait until tomorrow night. It's still going to be hot, but I don't want to waste the fruit.

I'll post some photos of the finished results later.

love and light
naturewitch

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Naturewitch.....how lovely, all that fresh produce.....how do you find the time to fit everything in??
Peaches, I love peaches.....I actually sourced some local peaches last year which was fantastic (no air miles).....

naturewitch said...

Hi Cheryl
Peaches are lovely and that's why I don't want to waste them. And from the tree to my kitchen is only about 20m or so. A good feeling! xx