For each collar:
- 2 teaspoons vodka
- 1 drop cedarwood essential oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 1 drop citronella essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- oil from 4 garlic oil capsules
The collar should be an absorbent one - I found some suede looking ones at the pet shop that seem to do the trick for the boys.
The recipe is modified very slightly from the one in The Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood. The author says that the collar should be effective for about a month, but I've found that after a few treatments, the collar is effective for up to three months.
The cats seem not to mind this collar anywhere near as much as the commercial ones. They've been wearing these for about five years now and I've not seen a flea yet.
love and light